The following is a list of ‘what cannot be stored’ or prohibited items at our Letchworth storage units and our Leighton Buzzard storage warehouse. Generally we say that The Secure-store is ‘the place for space’ and that you can store just about anything and you can. However there are some things we have to regrettably say no to:
- Aerosols, except inhalers with a volume of 50ml or less. Butane lighters
and refills, plus compressed gas canisters.
- Alcoholic liquids with alcohol content higher than 70%.
- Clinical and medical waste, & infectious substances.
- Neither flammable, non-flammable and toxic compressed gases. Nor flammable liquids or solids
- Counterfeit money or counterfeit postage stamps and cash. Securities,
bearer bonds, jewellery and precious stones.
- Drugs of any description, (including vaccines) unless approved.
- Environmental waste, Batteries, Filth, Asbestos or pollutants. All radioactive
material and samples.
- Explosives, Ammunition, firearms or weapons (including fireworks or
- Indecent, illegal, obscene or offensive material. At our discretion.
- Magnetised material with a magnetic field strength of 0.159A/m or more
at a distance of 2.1m from the outside of the package.
- Living or dead creatures (animals, birds, fish or plants).
- Oxidising materials or organic peroxides or chemicals.
- Poisons, Pesticides, Corrosives, Dry ice, Toxic liquids, solids or gases.
- Water or solvent-based paints, varnishes and enamels with volume over
Any other item prohibited by law. Or anything that in the opinion of The Secure-store
may be harmful or dangerous to other customers. Or their goods, or The Secure-store employees.
Should you have any concerns about any element of the above, please ask.
Why do we do this? So that we ensure the safety of our staff, customers and their goods.