Prohibited Items – The Secure-store.
Generally we say that you can store almost everything at The Secure-store. For 99% of people that is true. However there are some items that are not allowed. This is primarily because they are either illegal or dangerous.
The following is a list of ‘what cannot be stored’. Or prohibited items at our Letchworth storage units and our Leighton Buzzard storage warehouse. Generally we say that The Secure-store is ‘the place for space’ and that you can store just about anything and you can. However there are some things we have to regrettably say no to:
- Sorry no aerosols, except inhalers with a volume of 50ml or less. Or butane lighters
and refills, plus compressed gas canisters.
- Alcoholic liquids with alcohol content higher than 70% are a big no.
- You cannot store clinical and medical waste, or infectious substances.
- Neither flammable, non-flammable and toxic compressed gases. Nor flammable liquids or solids
- We have to prohibit counterfeit money or counterfeit postage stamps and cash. Securities, bearer bonds, jewellery and precious stones.
Further Prohibited Items
- It is a no for drugs of any description, (including vaccines) unless approved.
- Unsurprisingly we will not store environmental waste. Or Batteries, Filth, Asbestos or pollutants. Similarly All radioactive material and samples are no allowed.
- Again, it is no surprise we ban Explosives, Ammunition, firearms or weapons (including fireworks or Matches).
- We cannot allow Indecent, illegal, obscene or offensive material. Such a determination is at our discretion.
- A slightly unusual item that is prohibited are Magnetised material. With a magnetic field strength of 0.159A/m or more at a distance of 2.1m from the outside of the package.
- The following are prohibited items. Living or dead creatures (animals, birds, fish or plants).
- Oxidising materials or organic peroxides or chemicals are also all prohibited.
- You cannot store Poisons, Pesticides, Corrosives or Dry ice. Also, no Toxic liquids, solids or gases.
- Finally, no Water or solvent-based paints, varnishes and enamels with volume over
Any other item prohibited by law. Or anything that in the opinion of The Secure-store
may be harmful or dangerous to other customers. Or their goods, or The Secure-store employees.
Should you have any concerns about any element of the above, please ask.
Why do we do this? So that we ensure the safety of our staff, customers and their goods.