Small Workshop To Let Letchworth
Are you searching for a cheap workshop to rent in Letchworth or Baldock? Ideal for simple light industrial needs. Perhaps a printer, carpet and flooring business, small depot or storage and distribution business. No doubt you have found the odd small Letchworth warehouse to let from the traditional sources but perhaps they are actually too big? Our workshop units start at 100 sq.ft and go up to 2,000 sq.ft. So perfect for a business seeking genuinely small workshop units in Hertfordshire.
But we may well be able to offer you a better option. Are we cheap because we are tucked away in some tatty industrial estate or rural backwater? No. We are offering a solid, traditional warehouse building located on Works Road, in the heart of Letchworth’s commercial heart.
Typical Commercial Terms for a Small Workshop To Rent in Letchworth & Baldock:
A typical light industrial warehouse in Letchworth is usually quoted in a basic per calendar month (pcm), or annual rental figure. Often this looks, at first glance, reasonably attractive. If that were the actual price you pay, you would probably be reasonably satisfied. The problem is that it usually only tells part of the story.
For example, almost every commercial contract for a cheap workshop to let in Letchworth will tie you into a long lease. The British Property Federation reports that the average lease length in Britain is now 7.2 years. You can still find some landlords who are willing to offer a one year lease but that might be simply because they have development plans for the land or buildings.
Flexible Lease Terms for Warehouse Space in Letchworth:
At the Secure-store, we offer far more flexibility than a traditional lease. Our minimum stay is one week. This means that you are not tied into a lengthy lease and obligated to keep paying that rental until you find a new sub-lessee (who is acceptable to the Landlord) should you wish to move. Should your sub-tenant move out you are still normally contractually bound to continue paying the lease you signed up to.
Secure Workshop To Rent Letchworth and Baldock
How much does our Letchworth Workshop To Rent cost? In all honesty it depends on the size of the unit you require, when you wish to start, what you wish to do and how long you want to stay for. The best thing is to give us a call on 01462 674666 and arrange a time to come along and visit. You can then see exactly what is available in terms of floor area, services, yard area etc. We can then tailor-make a unit for you and provide a price. This is a no frills service. You do not get a concierge service but that lets us keep our costs down. We will of course, take in post or deliveries for you and direct your guests to your workshop.
Flexible Space – Warehouse To Let Letchworth
The other big advantage we offer in terms of flexibility is space. You can start with maybe 1,000 square feet and scale up to 1,500 square feet should your business need to expand. Equally, you can reduce down your space, should you need to. As you are not tied into a long, inflexible lease you can tailor your space to suit your business needs. After all you want a small workshop to rent in Letchworth or Baldock because you want to stay local. You do not want to be forced to move further afield because your business is growing or you wish to slow down a little.
Those Hidden Extras
If you take a space in our warehouse there is no council tax, water bills and no service charges. Those annoyingly expensive little issues that letting agents possibly ‘forget’ to mention at the outset assuming that you will know about them all.
Rather than discuss all the ‘little extras’ and peripheral costs that you might be looking at with a typical commercial lease on a warehouse to rent in Letchworth, it is probably easier to simply list what we do not charge for.
Now most companies would try and get you to say ‘yes’. We want you to say ‘no’.
- No long lease as in most commercial property rental agreements
- No 3 month rental deposit to a Landlord, on top of your rent, tying up your valuable capital
- No payment of 3 months rental in advance – a fairly standard commercial lease term
- No surveyors costs to check out the building. Why? well because of the next issue
- No costly building works to ‘repair and reinstate’ at the lease end. You may even find some leases expect you to contribute to the costs of ongoing maintenance to the fabric of the buildings and grounds
- No lawyers fees to create a lease, sub-lease or change a rental agreement – something that is imperative if you are signing up to a normal commercial lease.
- No need to pay the bank’s lawyers fees too, in addition, to add insult to injury
- No rates bills at possibly 30-40% of your rent
- No gas or water bills, subject to standard usage
- No need for buildings insurance for this small workshop to rent Baldock & Letchworth
- No outlay for security costs in this warehouse to let in Letchworth
- No ‘service charges’. That innocent sounding, but often so expensive phrase which can cover all sorts of things like gardening and fence painting, which you would never normally contemplate when signing a lease
- No fixed size space, with no flexibility to increase or reduce
Cheap Workshop To Rent in Letchworth, Hertfordshire
Our licence agreement is a lot simpler to digest than a commercial lease. Of course you are welcome to retain a lawyer to peruse this but since you are able to leave with just 7 days notice, there is not quite the necessity.
Address: 1 Works Road, (corner of Pixmore Avenue), Letchworth, Herts SG6 1FR
Warehouse To Rent Baldock & Letchworth
You will be required to pay for the electricity you use but that is to be expected and hardly onerous. There is fluorescent lighting. We can fit a telephone line, Cat 5 cabling and provide broadband if required.
Oh yes and parking. We will allocate you your own parking spot and there is normally plenty of room for other staff and guests too.
The key is that you have a blank canvas for your Letchworth or Baldock Workshop Rental space. You can configure your space how you want it. We will also work with you to create partitions or offices if you require them.